History: Loyal, Wis. Soo Depot
Surnames: Auman, Irban
----Source: Photo contributed by Burlington Historical Society (Don); Researched by Janet Schwarze
Loyal, Wisconsin, Soo Train Depot
Loyal, Clark County, Wisconsin
*See Additional Loyal Photos
Loyal, Wisconsin, Soo Line Depot was built by WC ca. 1891
Loyal, Wisconsin, Soo Line Depot was built by the Wisconsin Central LTD (ca. 1891), a railroad subsidiary of the Canadian National Railway and located on a branch of the Soo line from Marshfield to Greenwood, in the central eastern portion of the county. At one time, its parent Wisconsin Central Transportation Corporation owned or operated railroads in the United States, Canada (Algoma Central Railway), the United Kingdom (English Welsh & Scottish), New Zealand (Tranz Rail), and Australia (Australian Transport Network). It stood at intersection of E. Depot St. and E. Mill St., it burned down ca. May '17.
Replica of the 2nd Loyal, Wisconsin Depot
The second depot was completed in Nov. '17, at 24' x 90' it was the largest depot on that branch. It was dismantled in '68. The Irban and Leona Aumann family constructed a replica of the second depot in '00. They donated it to the Loyal Area Historical Society for a museum in '05 and moved to its present location at 501 E. Elm Dr./Hwy. 98, about 1,500 ft. NE of the original site. A reduced scale replica of the water tower that stood next to the depot has also been built. A collection of SOO station signs, most from northern WI, adorns the water tower.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs