BioA: Anderson, Mr./Mrs. Henry (Gold – 1970)
Surnames: Anderson, Rasmussen, Loth, Weisbrod, Berger, Heltre, Slowinski, Fisher, Stair, Webber, Bart, Sharpe, Pearson, Ives, Utegaard, Olson, Heldt, Montgomery, Dallas, Cattanach, Winrich, Ortmeyer, Clark
---------Source: OWEN ENTERPRISE (Owen, Clark County, Wis.) 10 Sep 1970
Anderson, Mr./Mrs. Henry (Gold – SEP 1970)
The children of Mr. and Mrs. Henry Anderson, namely Dr. and Mrs. Louis Weisbrod, and Mr. and Mrs. Thorvald Rasmussen, gave a reception and open house on Saturday, September 5, 1970 at the American Legion Hall in Owen, honoring their parents' fiftieth wedding anniversary.
A buffet luncheon and refreshments were served at tables attractively decorated with gold candles and holders to about 215 guests coming from a wide area. The flowers, a corsage and boutonniere, were of gold in matching the occasion for the honored couple.
Attending from out of town were their children, Mr. and Mrs. T.K, Rasmussen and children, and Miss Karen Loth of Des Moines, Iowa; Dr. and Mrs. Louis Weisbrod and daughter of New Richmond. Other guests included Mr. and Mrs. Rudy Berger and Mrs. Audrey Heltre of Appleton; Mr. and Mrs. Slowinski, Mr. and Mrs. Ira Fisher, Mr. and Mrs. Lloyd Stair, Mr. and Mrs. Harry Webber, and Mr. and Mrs. Axel Anderson of Stanley; Mr. and Mrs. James Clark of Maple Plains, Minn., who were also the attendants and the Henry Anderson wedding fifty years ago in Stanley.
Also attending were Mr. and Mrs. Emil Anderson of Albany, Oregon, Henry's brother; Mr. and Mrs. Jim Bart of Manitowish Waters; Mr. and Mrs. Tom Sharpe of Rice Lake; Mr. and Mrs. Phil Pearson of Ingram; Mr. and Mrs. Lyle Stair and Mr. and Mrs. Clyde Ives of Osseo; Mr. and Mrs. Odin Utegaard and Mrs. Florence Olson of Eau Claire; Mr. and Mrs. Norbert Heldt of St. Paul, Minn., and Mr. and Mrs. Lyle Montgomery of Galesville.
From Chippewa Falls came Mr. and Mrs. Bob Webber and Mrs. Dick Weber; from Thorp, Mr. and Mrs. John Dallas; from Marshfield, Mr. and Mrs. Graham Olson and Mr. and Mrs. James Cattanach and family, and Mrs. George Winrich of Eau Claire.
Congratulations were sent from Father and Mrs. Ortmeyer, with a telephone call on Saturday, and telegrams from Mark Weibrod, a grandson in Sidney, Australia, and Jim Rasmussen stationed at Fort Ord, California, also a grandson.
The Andersons are both natives of Stanley, Wisconsin, living there most of their early life, and married in Stanley at the Presbyterian Church September 1920. Mr. and Mrs. James Clark of Maple Plains, Minn. were their attendants, who were able to celebrate with them this past Saturday. They have enjoyed a full life with two lovely daughters, Doris and Mary Ellen, and together with two sons-in-law and nine grandchildren, have shared much happiness.
They moved to Owen (Clark Co., Wis.) in 1921, and Henry worked at the Box Factory for the John S. Owen Lumber Company for over a year. He then managed the Bakery Corporation, which was then a small building located where the Allen Store now stands. He also helped build the new building, which is now the Allen Store,a dn built to house the Bakery at that time. Later he worked again for the Box Factory, owned by E.W. Kidd and Company, and later was purchased by the Frederick Post Company.
In 1939 Mr. Anderson retired from his work and has enjoyed his many hobbies of fishing, hunting and gardening, and his many organizations. Mr.s Anderson has enjoyed her housekeeping duties and enjoys gardening, sewing, embroidering, crocheting and church work.
They are both members of St. Katherine's Church, at which Mrs. Anderson served for 35 years on the altar guild. Henry is a member of the Masonic Lodge, American Legion, served in many civic capacities, such as City Clerk in the 1930's, and Alderman, besides is a veteran of World War I. Avis is a member of the Eastern Star, Royal Neighbors and Altar Guild.
With the host of friends who joined them at the Open House and reception, the day marked a very memorable and happy occasion.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs