Obit: Gengler, Joseph A. (1876 – 1969)
Surnames: Gengler, Brockman, Benzschawel, Jensen, Jacque
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 24 Jul 1969
Gengler, Joseph A. (9 DEC 1876 – JUL 1969)
Joseph A. Gengler, 91, passed away at Plant City, Florida of old age infirmities. Funeral services were held at St. Bernard's Catholic Church, Thorp, on Saturday, July 12, 1969. Father Francis Brockman officiated at the ten a.m. service, with burial being made in the parish cemetery. Three great-grandsons and one grandson were Mass servers.
Pallbearers were grandsons: Wm. Benzschawel, Claude Benzschawel, Eugene Benzschawel, Lt. Allen Benzschawel, Joseph Gengler and Danny Jensen.
Mr. Gengler, a retired farmer, was born December 9, 1876 at Holy Cross, Wis. in Ozaukee County. He was united in marriage February 9, 1904 at Holy Cross, Wis., to Elizabeth Jacque, who preceded him in death. They farmed at Fredonia, Wis. until 1907, when they moved to a farm in the town of Reseburg (Clark Co., Wis.), and later moved to a farm west of Thorp, where the Hoffman Dairy is presently situated, for 26 years, retiring to Thorp in 1940. He left Thorp in 1965 and since has been residing with his son Ray, in Lakeland, Florida. He was a member of St. Bernard's Catholic Church and of the Men's Catholic Order of Foresters and St. Bernard's Holy Name Society.
Surviving are three sons, James and Ray of Lakeland, Florida, Harry of Cromwell, Conn.; two daughters, (Margaret) Mrs. Frank Benzschawel, and (Bernadine) Mrs. Donald Jensen, both of Thorp; two brothers, Anton J. Gengler of Fort Atkinson, Wis., Nick Gengler of Medford, Wis.; 29 grandchildren and 38 great-grandchildren.
Relatives attending the funeral were from Lakeland, Florida, St. Paul, Minn., Milwaukee, Port Washington, Fredonia, Madison, Hammond, Medford, Rib Lake, Owen, Ladysmith, Newark, Delaware.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs