Church: Loyal – United Methodist (100th Anniversary – 1971)
Surnames: Alion, Salto, Carlson
----Source: Tribune/Record/Gleaner (Loyal, Wis.) 09 Sep 1971
Plans are being made for celebrating the centennial anniversary of the Loyal United Methodist Church on Sunday, September 19, 1971, with a special program at the regular 11:00 a.m. service and a program at two-thirty in the afternoon.
In addition to the previous ministers, special guests speakers will be Bishop Ralph T. Alion and Dr. Perry Salto, District Superintendent. Former members of the congregation, as well as friends, are invited to join in the occasion.
The charge was set aside in 1870 with the official organization of the congregation being December 2, 1871, of the Loyal and Greenwood Methodist Episcopal Church. Through the years some changes had been made with the church being called the Loyal Methodist Church, and at the present time it is the Loyal United Methodist Church.
Fouty-four pastors have served, including the present pastor, the Rev. Gene Carlson. For two years lay leaders and supply pastors served, but an no time were services suspended for the lack of leadership during the 100 years.
The original services were held in a local store, with the first church edifice being a simple structure which was used about twenty years, when the present building was constructed. Many years later the present entry was constructed and in more recent years the new Educational Unit was built.
A potluck dinner will be served at noon on the Centennial Sunday.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs