Church: Owen St. Katherine's (50th Anniversary –
Surnames: Horstick, Weller, Wallace, Ortmayer
---------Source: OWEN ENTERPRISE (Owen, Clark County, Wis.) 26 May 1966
St. Katherine's Episcopal Church in Owen (Clark Co., Wis.) will celebrate the fiftieth anniversary of its consecration on Saturday, May 28, 1966. The building was originally in Eau Claire and served the congregation of Christ Church. In 1915, when Christ Church was building its present edifice the old church was dismantled and moved to Owen by rail. There it was reassembled to be used by the people of St. Katherine's. On May 26, 1916 the Rt. Rev. Reginald Heber Weller, Bishop of Fond du Lac, consecrated the building and confirmed the first class of the new congregation.
Saturday evening the Rt. Rev. William Wallace Horstick, Bishop of Eau Claire, will present at Solemn Evensong at 6 p.m. The Rev. Ronald Ortmayer, who served St. Katherine's from 1934 to 1945 will be the preacher at that service. Fr. Ortmayer is now rector of Holy Trinity Church, Janesville, Wis. Parishioners and those attending from out of twon will hear Bishop Horstick speak at a banquet in the Owen-Withee High School cafeteria at 7:30 p.m.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs