School: Christopherson Program Given (Jan 1939)
Surnames: Denk, Kohlnhofer, Smith, Neuman, Johnson, Erickson, Amundson, Schmidt, Catlin, Hegenbarth Elmer, Dyre, Komis, Turnquist, Larson, Walls
----Source: Greenwood Gleaner (Greenwood, Clark Co., Wis.) 9 Feb 1939
The Community Club of the Christopherson School met on Tuesday evening of last week at the schoolhouse and the following program was given:
• Song: "Carry Me Back to Old Virginia" – the Assembly
• Song – Leona and Catherine Hegenbarth, accompanied by Minerva Hegenbarth at the piano
• Song – Dorothy Denk and Joseph Kohlnhofer, accompanied by Miss Geraldine Smith at the piano
• Reading – Gus Neuman
• Two vocal solos – Elmer Johnson, accompanied by Miss Smith on the piano
• Guitar solo – Tom Erickson
• Violin solo – O.J. Amundson
• Accordion selection – Fred Schmidt
• Harmonica solo – Dorothy Catlin
• Reading – Esther Hegenbarth
A mock wedding with Mr. and Mrs. Ernest Elmer as bride and groom, Godfrey Dyre as best man, Mrs. Leonard Johnson as bridesmaid, Lester Elmer as ring bearer, Meredith Hanson and Dorothy Denk as trainbearers, and Gus Neuman as the preacher.
Following the program, lunch was served. The next program will be given Feb. 28. Mrs. Adolph Turnquist, Mrs. Archie Komis and Miss Mabel Larson will have charge of the lunch, while Mrs. Adelbert Wells, Mrs. Leonard Johnson and Mrs. Carl Turnquist will have charge of the program.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs