Church: Spencer - Trinity Lutheran (Chronological History)
Surnames: Schuette, Siebrandt, Imm, Schmidt, Wagner, Stapel, Mueller, Krueger, Ruhbusch, Wachholz, Schultz, Schauer, Rose, Graupner, Robinson, Oelrich, Kiedaisch, Prechel, Krause, Perl, Sieche, Brockopp, Schuster, Barwineck, Moll, Piotter, Stienweg, Prochow, Anderson
----Source: Trinity Lutheran Church (Spencer, Marathon County, Wis.)
Our Historical Past:
1882 - Trinity was organized by Pastor J. Schuette. We were a joint parish with St. John's. Services were held in the Spencer Town Hall. Pastor Schuette served from 1882 -1883.
1884 - Pastor F. H. Siebrandt served Trinity when the first new church was built in 1896, a brick structure, 32' x 55'.
1899 - Pastor A. F. Imm accepted the call to Trinity.
1909 - Pastor Karl E. J. Schmidt served until October 21st in 1923. Under his pastorate, in 1912, the two parishes voted to become separate.
1924 - On January 13th in 1924 Pastor H. H. Wagner was installed.
1926 - Trinity voted to build the present house of worship, Krasin Brothers of Marshfield constructed the building. The cornerstone was laid on June 20th in 1926 and the building was dedicated on November 28th in 1926.
1928 - Pastor A. C. Stapel was called to serve Trinity and was our pastor for 21 years. In 1932 the church was beautifully decorated.
1942 - The Dr. Krueger (dentist) home on Highway 13 was purchased to be used as a parsonage.
1946 - A new Hammond organ was installed.
1949 - Pastor Randolph Mueller was installed at Trinity on June 19th.
1953 - A new parsonage was built on the church grounds. The cemetery owned by Trinity (adjoining St. John's cemetery was improved and "perpetual care" was instituted.
1957 - On June 2nd, Pastor W. R. Krueger was installed as pastor. While he served, a new addition was built on the front of the church, enclosing the steps, and providing a new narthex and chapel, which is also used for Sunday School. Pastor Krueger served until July of 1965.
1967 - Pastor William Ruhbusch was installed on February 5th.
1971 - Ground was broken for a 39' x 78' addition to the east of the church. It consisted of 12 Sunday school rooms, a church office, restrooms, a utility room, and a furnace room. It was dedicated on August 22nd of 1977.
1977 - In Observance of the 95th Anniversary of our congregation on November 6th and 7th, the interior of the church was redecorated, new lights, carpet, and pews were installed and the church was rewired.
1979 - A new garage was added to the parsonage. The parsonage was resided and new cupboards and sink were installed.
1980 - Additional land was purchased from Herbert Wachholz for the expansion of the cemetery.
1982 - Our 100th Anniversary was celebrated. The guest speakers were Rev. Wallace Schultz (the associate speaker of The Lutheran Hour), Pastor Randolph Mueller, and Pastor Kenneth Schauer (a son of the congregation).
1984 - A new Allen Digital Computer Organ was dedicated on April 22nd.
1997 - Pastor Ruhbusch's retirement service was held on August 16th.
1999 - Pastor Karl Rose was installed on February 28th to shepherd Trinity Congregation.
Seven members of Trinity have entered full-time work in the Church: Kenneth Schauer in the Pastoral ministry; and Gertrude Graupner, Cora Robinson, Lloyd Oelrich, Donna Kiedaisch, Marilyn Schmidt, and Dennis Prechel in the teaching ministry.
At one time, the annual church picnic was held in the woods in what is now the James Krause place.
1901-1912 A Christian Day School was held in cooperation with St. John's.
1924-1936 Trinity sponsored a Christian Day School by itself, teachers were: Mrs. Robert Perl, Mr. August Sieche, Mr. Walter Brockopp, Mr. J. E. Schuster, Mr. Albert Barwinick, Mr. George Moll, Mr. Leonard Piotter, Mr. Henry Stienweg, and Mr. Adrian Prochnow.
The Anderson brothers furnished the materials for the tool shed at the cemetery.
The congregation consists of about 250 households, 441 communicant members, and 519 baptized members
In grateful appreciation of our Lord's many blessings (both past and present) to Trinity congregation and its members -although we are unworthy servants - we say with the Psalmist:
"Praise the Lord, all nations; Laud Him, all peoples!
For His loving kindness is great toward us,
And the truth of the Lord is everlasting.
Praise the Lord!"
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs