BioA: Bartkowiak, Mr. & Mrs. Mike #2 (Golden - 1956)
Surnames: Bartkowiak, Jaks, Janicki, Witkowski, Franckowiak
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 02/23/1956
Bartkowiak, Mr. & Mrs. Mike #2 (Golden - 5 FEB 1956)
Mr. and Mrs. Mike Bartkowiak of route 2, who were married in Poland in 1906 and lived there for a year and a half before coming to the United States, celebrated their golden wedding anniversary on Feb. 5, 1956. A 10 o’clock Solemn High Mass was celebrated that morning at St. Mary’s Catholic Church, when the couple was escorted to the altar by the celebrant, Rev. Edward Sobczyk, and the attendants, Mary Lou and Margaret Jaks, and Billy and Ronald Janicki. The last four are the children of Mr. and Mrs. Steve Jaks and Mr. and Mrs. Edward Janicki.
The honored couple was also recognized on their jubilee celebration at the annual pre-Lenten bazaar and dinner, attended by the entire parish and their relatives. A dance that evening was interrupted by the serving of the wedding cake. Gold and orange flowers standing out against a background of yellow icing trimmed its three tiers.
To greet their guests, who included the Rev. Jerome Kamla and Helen Slowiak of Arcadia, the Bartkowiaks wore yellow carnations and gold leaves as their boutonniere and corsage.
Retired since 1944, they have been engaged in farming since coming to Thorp (Clark Co., Wis.), Dec. 4, 1909.
Mr. Bartkowiak, the son of Mr. and Mrs. Marcel Witkowski, was born Sept. 16, 1877 at Kurnik, Poland, and was married to Miss Katherine Franckowiak, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Valentine Franckowiak, another Kurnik couple. They were married at St. Mary of Czestochowa Church in Powiat, Poland, by the Rev. Tulewicz. Before her marriage, the bride lived for a time at Chuby-Koszuta, Poland. She was born April 26, 1887.
On arriving at New York from their homeland, the young couple went to Philadelphia, where he was employed until they decided in favor of the move to Wisconsin.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs