Obit: Lindner, Andrew Michael (1894 - 1958)
Contact: Dolores Mohr Kenyon
Surnames: Lindner, Gries, Stewart,
Merkel, Hughes, Bushman, Schmitz, Denk, Novak, Hartung
----Source: Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark Co., WI.) December 4, 1958
Lindner, Andrew Michael (13 February 1894
- 24 November 1958)
Andrew Michael Lindner of route 2, Loyal,
died November 24, at the Park Falls hospital, where he was taken
following a heart attack suffered that morning. He had been
hunting with his brothers at their hunting cabin, eight miles
northwest of Glidden since November 13.
Mr. Lindner was born February 13, 1894,
at Millston, and received his education there. He came to the
Loyal area with his parents in 1910.
On June 23, 1920, he was married to
Katherine Gries in St. Mary’s Catholic Church in Greenwood by
the Rev. John Novak. They have lived since on their farm, 4
½ miles east of Greenwood. He was a member of the
Loyal Town board, a member and trustee of St. Mary’s church,
and belonged to the Holy Name Society and the Knights of
He is survived by his wife, four
daughters, Mrs. Glenn (Rita) Stewart of Glidden, Mrs. Eugene (Theresa) Merkel and Mrs. Michael (Joan) Hughes, both of
Marshfield, and Carmen Lindner, student at St. Joseph’s
School Nursing at Marshfield; four sons, Robert and Andrew, Jr., of
Muskego, Vincent of Loyal, and Thomas at home; 19 grandchildren;
five brothers, Matt, Casper and Erhardt of Loyal, John and Anton of
Greenwood; and three sisters, Mrs. Mary Bushman of Loyal, Mrs.
Catherine Schmitz and Mrs. Gerold (Anna) Denk, both of
Funeral services were held Friday morning
from the St. Mary’s Catholic Church in Greenwood.
Burial was made in the parish cemetery. The Rev. Edward Hartung
Pallbearers were: Herbert, Arthur and James Lindner, Donald Bushman, Hubert Schmitz and Romaine Denk.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs