Obit: Stoda, Leo Jackson #2 (1883 - 1954)
Surnames: Stoda, Harrison, Chronquist, Samson, Banditt, Lapp, Morrow, Speck, Voelker, Weideman, Bumann, Loughead, Schraufnagel, Olson, Lang, Conoway, Mitchell, Steinmetz, Gravunder, Behrend
----Source: Abbotsford Tribune
(Abbotsford, Clark County, Wis.) 07/15/1954
Stoda, Leo Jackson (31 Jan. 1883 - 10
Leo Jackson Stoda, 71, who had been ill the past several months, died Saturday noon at St. Joseph’s hospital, Marshfield, where he had been a patient since June 27. Funeral services were held at the Zink Funeral Home at 2:00 o’clock Tuesday afternoon, with the Rev. Richard Harrison, pastor of the Presbyterian church, officiating.
During the services, Mrs. C. G.
Chronquist, of Marshfield, sang "Softly and Tenderly," and "The
Beautiful Garden of Prayer." Mrs. J. F. Samson was her accompanist.
For the internment, which took place in
the Abbotsford cemetery, pallbearers were Leo Banditt, Harry Lapp,
Carl Morrow, Carl Speck, Roland Voelker, and Henry Weideman.
The flowers were carried by Mmes. Leo
Bumann, Harry Lapp, William Loughead, and Elmer
Among those from away who attended the
funeral were Mr. and Mrs. Palmer Olson, Virocqua; Mrs. Cedric Lang,
Lodi; Mr. and Mrs. Frank Stoda, Solon Springs; Mr. and Mrs. Ray
Conoway, Lindsey; Mr. and Mrs. John Mitchell, St. Paul; Mr. and
Mrs. Carl Steinmetz, New Auburn; and Mr. and Mrs. Gilbert
Mr. Stoda was born Jan. 31, 1883, at De
Soto, Vernon county. For many years, he lived in Chicago and worked
there as an electrical mechanic. In 1946, he retired and came to
Abbotsford, where he had lived since.
He is survived by three daughters, Mrs.
Carl (Ada) Behrend, Temple City, Calif., Mrs. Palmer (Grace) Olson,
Viroqua; and Mrs. Cedrick (Emma) Lang, Lodi; a son, Frank Stoda,
Florida; a brother, Frank Stoda, Solon Springs, and a grand child.
His wife preceded him in death.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs