Obit: Linneman, Agnes (1873 - 1954)
Surnames: Linneman, Parmeter, Weaver
----Source: OWEN ENTERPRISE (Owen, Clark County, Wis.) 05/27/1954
Linneman, Agnes (9 JUL 1873 - 23 MAY 1954)
Mrs. Agnes E. Linneman, nee Parmeter, was place in her final resting place in Aspen Grove Cemetery at Burlington, Iowa, this afternoon. Funeral services were held here at 10 o’clock yesterday, May 26, from St. Katherine’s Episcopal Church. Father Donald Rheasa officiated at the final rites.
Death came to Mrs. Linneman, a resident of Owen since 1931, at 11 o’clock Sunday night, May 23, 1954, at St. Joseph’s Hospital, Marshfield. She had been hospitalized for two weeks, being treated for uremic poisoning.
Agnes Parmeter was born on July 9, 1873 at Burlington, Iowa. On Oct. 22, 1902 she was united in marriage to Henry E. Linneman in a ceremony performed at Burlington, Iowa. Later the couple moved to Cedar Rapids, Iowa, residing there until 1919 when they settled on a farm northwest of Greenwood (Clark Co., Wis.) Her husband was forced to retire from farming in 1931 by ill health. At that time they came to Owen, making their home with their niece and family, Mr. and Mrs. R. W. Weaver.
Since coming to Owen she acquired a wide circle of friends through her activities in the Royal Neighbor Lodge, Thornapple No. 5365, Owen, and as a member of St. Katherine’s Church.
Illness has limited her doings and contacts during the past year as she submitted to the amputation of her right leg in May of last year and since that time has been in poor health but nevertheless able to be up and around in her wheelchair daily until she entered the hospital on May 9th, suffering with pneumonia. From that date she steadily deteriorated until her death being the victim of uremic poisoning.
Her only close relatives to survive her are her niece, Mrs. Russell Weaver, Owen, and a nephew, Bernard Parmeter of Kenosha. She was one of a family of 13 children, all of whom have preceded her in death as did her husband who passed away in 1939.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs