BioM: Asplin, Florence (1947)
Surnames: Asplin, Beyer, Priem, Crozier, Meihak, Bremer
----Source: CLARK COUNTY PRESS (Neillsville, Clark County, Wis.) 12/04/1947
Asplin, Florence (22 NOV 1947)
Miss Florence Asplin, daughter of Mrs. Florence Asplin of Neillsville (Clark Co., Wis.), became the bride of Robert Beyer, son of Mrs. Richard Beyer, also of Neillsville, in a 7:30 candlelight service Nov. 22, 1947, at St. John’s Lutheran Church. The pastor, Rev. William A. Baumann, performed the double ring ceremony. Decorations were candles and yellow chrysanthemums. Following the ceremon8, relatives were entertained at a reception at St. John’s School Assembly hall.
The bride wore a champagne colored slipper satin gown, pearl trimmed and fashioned with a fitted bodice. Her three-quarter length veil was caught to a headdress of seed pearls. Her flowers were gold and white roses and tied with aqua and white ribbon.
Miss Alice Beyer, sister of the groom, attended the bride as maid of honor, and Miss Aliene Priem of Colby served as bridesmaid; Thomas Crozier of Granton was best man. Donald Meihak and James Asplin were ushers. Mrs. Larry Priem sang "The Lord’s Prayer", accompanied at the organ by John Bremer.
The bride is a graduate of the Owen High School and of St. Joseph’s School of Nursing at Marshfield. She has been head nurse on the surgical floor at St. Joseph’s Hospital. The groom is a graduate of the Neillsville High School, and is employed by the Nelson Muffler Corp. of Neillsville. The couple is residing at the present at the home of the groom’s mother.
Out of town guests here for the wedding were James Asplin, Madison; Mrs. Augusta Roberts, Oshkosh; Miss Eva Fredrick, Eau Claire; Mrs. Larry Priem, Colby; Mr. and Mrs. William Buchsteiner, Reedsburg; and Mr. and Mrs. Calvin Mills and Mrs. Cleve Evans, Owen.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs