Carl (1864 - 1932)
Surnames: LINDNER HAHN NEUHAUS ZASSENHAUS UERLING SCHAFFER PERSKE GOSSE HECKER SCHUMANN GLENZER KEMINICK NERVA FEIND BENZMANN
----Sources: COLBY PHONOGRAPH (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 19 May 1932
Lindner, Carl (26 Nov. 1864 - 14 May 1932)
Carl Lindner passed away at his home west of Colby Saturday at 8:00 p.m., cancer being the cause of his departure to the distant shore. Funeral services were conducted Tuesday at 2:00 p.m. at the St. John’s Evangelical church, Rev. G. F. Hahn officiating, and internment was made in the family lot in the Colby cemetery.
The pall bearers were Wm. Neuhaus, Fred Zassenhaus, Wm. Uerling, Nick Schaffer, Ernest Perske and Louis Gosse.
The deceased was born in Germany Nov. 26, 1864, thus reaching the age of sixty-seven years. He came to the United States with his parents in 1881 and was married in Plymouth in 1890. He lived there several years before moving to Colby fourteen years ago and lived, during this time, on a farm west of Colby. Mrs. Lindner died about eight years ago. A sister, Mrs. Albert Hecker, preceded him in death thirty-five days ago.
He is survived by three sons and five daughters, namely: Fred, Charles and August, all of Colby; Mrs. Fred Schumann and Mrs. Albert Glenzer, Colby; Mrs, Matthew Keminick, Sheboygan; Miss Polly, Vesper; Mrs. William Nerva, Green Grove. Also one brother, Fred, of Colby and one sister, Mrs. Gustave Feind, of Tomahawk.
The out of town people here for the funeral were all the children; Mr, and Mrs. Arthur Lindner, Colfax; Mr. and Mrs. Paul Benzmann, Mrs. Gust Feind.
The deceased was a devoted husband and a kind father and diligently performed his every-day duties as he saw them. He was a good Christian with a candid, outspoken disposition which his friends admired and he will be greatly missed not only by the members of his family but also by his friends.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs