Obit: Brown, Mary G. (1875 - 1937)
Surnames: BROWN MCCONNELL HOWELL JORDAN CHRISTIE
----Source: Greenwood Gleaner (Greenwood, Wis.) 12/09/1937
Brown, Mary G. (7 Mar 1875 - 1 Dec 1937)
Mary Grace McConnell was born March 7, 1875 in Allerton, Iowa. She moved to Greenwood, Clark County, Wis., in 1877 with her parents. She married Fred A. Brown Dec. 1894 in Greenwood, living there until 1903, when they moved to Glen Flora, Wis.
To this union were born six children, one daughter, Grace Henena, dying at three months in Greenwood, John Edwin died in Belleville, Ont., Mrs. Eva Howell, Glen Flora, George, Argonne, Wis., Donald H., Mundelien, Ill., and Keith G. Brown, Chicago, Ill.
On July 2, 1936 she went to Wauconda, Ill., with her son Donald. She passed away in St. Theresa’s Hospital at Waukegan Ill., on Dec. 1st, 1937.
She leaves to mourn her loss, her husband Fred of Eau Claire, the above named children, two sisters, Isabelle (Mrs. Walter Jordan), Portland, Ore., Elizabeth (Mrs. Free Christie) of Greenwood, two brothers, Robert and James McConnell of Greenwood, twelve grandchildren and eighteen nieces and nephews.
The body was brought to Greenwood, where services were held at the Methodist Church at 2:00 Sunday afternoon, Rev. Van Patter of Glen Flora officiating. Interment was in the Greenwood Cemetery.
The pallbearers were six of her nephews, James, Roy, Clayton McConnell, Ernest, Arthur, Eugen Christie. The flower girls were her nieces, Misses Mabel and Gertrude McConnell, May Christie and Mrs. Edna Hubert.
Those from out of town who attended the funeral were Miss Gertrude McConnell, St. Paul, Minn.; Miss Mabel McConnell, Chippewa Falls, Mr. and Mrs. Clayton McConnell, Ellsworth, Mr. and Mrs. Arnold Hubert, Owen, Rev. and Mrs. F.C. Allavack, Jump river, Mrs. Mary Bramley, Mr. and Mrs. George Mauch, Sheldon, Mrs. Lee Van Patter, Glen Flora, Wis.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs